I have been enjoying a well-earned break. I was a little worried about my science grades, but in the end I got flying colors across the board. I not only survived fall term with genetics and organic chem I, I conquered it (Thank the Lord)!!
I am now working on a research project for the duration of my school's short interim between Thanksgiving and Christmas break, D-term. Same project as last year, but with a few new things added as well.
New 'Clans' pages are steadily making progress, but instead of uploading the entire batch of 8 over Christmas break, I'll tell you what I'm going to do:
The first four pages are really sweet in my opinion, while the last four are a complete polar opposite-- really bloody and scary, not something I would want to leave you with right during the holidays. So, I'll give you the first four pages over Christmas break and have you enjoy the tender moments then, fittingly enough. Then once break is over I will upload the last four pages so you get spared the awful carnage over the holidays.
Also, I got tagged again, this time by Ve-LISA-Raptor
, so here goes...1. You must post the rules.2. Each person must post 5 things about themselves in their journal3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create eleven new questions for the people you tag to answer.4. You have to choose 10 people to tag and post their icons on your journal.5. Go to their page and tell them you have tagged them.6. No tag backs7. No stuff in the tagging section about "you're tagged if you're reading this". You legitimately have to tag 10 people.
Five thing about me:
1. I have never been west of the Mississippi River in my entire life.
2. Though I am not afraid of heights I am afraid of falling off something where I can't grab a winghold. Chairs, stools, ladders, and scaffolds don't agree with me.
3. I currently have 110 North American bird species on my life list.
4. Victoria Stewell from 'Animal Precinct' gave my grandma and me a tour of the ASPCA headquarters in New York.
5. I sang on the Atlantic City boardwalk this past summer-- on the spot.
1. What line of work do you have, or wish to do?
Right now I'm a biology major, with a minor in environmental studies. I'd like to get into field research working with wildlife, and specialize in birds if possible. As a side, project, if it will work, I'd also want to do scientific illustrations, like the ones you see in field guides.
2. Was there ever an emotionally scarring movie you watched as a child? If so, care to share?
'War of the Worlds.' I know none of it was real, but the giant alien machines were SO FREAKY I couldn't take it. Between the aliens sucking the insides out of human victims from their crafts, giant mechanical alien eyes searching underground for next prey, and the whole giant machines catching humans by mechanical tentacles for food thing, I had bad dreams and could not walk around the house without lights on for the next week or two. The only part I liked at all was at the very end when all the aliens die because they aren't immune to Earth diseases.
3. Got a family?
DO YOU REALLY EXPECT ME TO RESPOND WHEN YOU PUT A CREEPY RAPEFACE LIKE THAT.
4. Explain why your favorite color is your favorite color.
Blue-- bright blue. It's pretty loud and awesome, and not at all depressing like some of the duller blues (no pun intended). It's a color that stands out, just like I want to stand out. Overall, though, I'm pretty partial to cool tone colors in general.
5. Favorite youtuber?
I usually don't pay attention to who uploads videos. I just watch the videos.
6. What genre of music do you enjoy most, and which band or singer?
I'll listen to a lot of different music as long as it's not rap or screamo. But to be more specific, I love classic/hard rock, film scores, Celtic, bluegrass, and some New Age and goth. Favorite artists: Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Journey, Queen, ZZ Top, Skillet, Celtic Woman, Blackmore's Night, Hayley Westnra, Loreena McKennitt, soundtracks to Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, and Legend of the Guardians
7. What was the most THRILLING AWESOME TOTALLY RAD thing you have ever done in your life?
Lemme think... I can't actually name something that awesome compared to what other people have done. I know, I'm boring. Just a science major artist doin' what she loves best I guess.
8. An experience with a bird of some sort. SPILL IT.
I got to hold baby bluebirds while helping bird monitors at the Morton Arboretum during my internship this past summer.
They did not poop on my hands and the parents didn't divebomb us, so I consider it a good experience.
9. Name ways in which you were ever rejected.
I don't prefer getting into personal matters, but professionally speaking getting turned down by most of the summer research programs I applied to before a last minute opportunity opened up (this happened two summers in a row so far) was pretty disappointing at first.
10. So... How about that table? Ve-LISA-Raptor
: I DON'T EVEN KNOW
Me: I DON'T EITHER.
And I tag:
Questions for those I tag:
1. What was one of the weirdest dreams you ever remember having?
2. How about any family traditions for Christmas?
3. Favorite hockey team right now and why? (I will try to control myself if you say Flyers or Redwings.)
4. 'Frozen' vs. 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' vs. 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire'?
5. How often does technology screw you over?
6. Name a few things on your bucket list if you've got one going.
7. Did you bother to watch the Macy's parade for Thanksgiving this year?
8. Name one instance in which you were totally thinking, 'I am completely out of my mind for doing this.'
9. Are you currently attending college, and if so, where?
10. What comics do you follow on dA (not including mine)?
11. Completely Random Space For You To Put Anything Awesome That You Want.
Also, another feature, to raise awareness of the sadly rare active bird comics on dA. Here's "Among the Flock" by